As an outpost in the borderlands between belief systems, Post-Orthodoxy explores the liminal spaces around changing our minds, and blazes trails into the wilds of what’s possible. Dark and Ainsley Sevier (seh-vee-yay) bring their Enhanced Natural Immunity to Bullshit ™, as escapees from religious cults, to diagnose cultish behaviors in society at large, and to share their perspectives as social extremophiles.
Dark Sevier, Memetic Mediator, and Ainsley Sevier, Psychic Doula, work to reduce harm and build community thru challenging dogmatic thinking. A house divided cannot stand. Viewer discretion advised! We question everything on our quest to empower each other and our neighbors toward cognitive sovereignty. Your sacred cows may get poked. What’s outside your reality bubble?
Common topics include cognitive dissonance, personal biases, post-partisanship, Trauma Superpowers™, media critiques, conspiracy analysis, meme warfare, visions of possible futures, prescribed distractions, social justice, re-imagined histories, psycho-spiritual mumbo jumbo, entheogenic insights, metamodernism, religious trauma, etc.
Post-Orthodoxy is not a conversation for everyone. Anything that we’re “not supposed to question” gets questioned, and this can make some people feel primally unsafe and defensive. These conversations introduce reasonable doubt into any dogmatic thinking that is encountered. Sensemakers Dark and Ainsley seek to reduce harm and build community through curiosity, understanding, critical thinking, truth-seeking, and compassion.
Post-Orthodoxy might be a perfect community for you if:
- you find yourself wondering what’s really going on
- you’re tired of all the division
- you’ve had to give up important relationships because your beliefs changed
- you recognize mainstream news is lying to you, and are looking for alternatives
- someone introduced you to a new way of perceiving reality
- you get a thrill from challenging your own mind and perspectives
- you care more about ethics and critical thinking than about emotional pleas and going along to get along